Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One down, three to go.

The D*Star car is done as far as this past winters build goes. The car is not as crazy and legit exterior-wise as I intended it to be. Originally I was only going to go full out on the exterior and interior for this winter. But i decided that I needed some power to continue to let my drifting skills grow. As i had almost maxed out the potential of the ka. As such a large portion of the build funds went to the SR and related items. Leaving me with only so much to do what i wanted with the outside. I made do though, and I think it looks decent enough for now. Definetly captured the look I was going for. Ive pulled the fenders more since this pic and i have yet to slam it proper and get some good size tires for the front also.



And heres the inspiration for comparison.



As time goes by ill get some more tidbits like full vinyl, Taillights, overfenders all around, legit wheels, hood, tails, and finally, PAINT! But for now its enough to make me happy to have a cool car again(and with power). Only thing left to do before i go drifting again is sort out my power steering and put my welded in.


The Roski car got out of the paintshop this past weekend. It looks pretty good. Theres some bondo patches here and there but it still looks great. D-max tails are definitely a style boost.
All thats left on this one is to put the 5 lug on the front with the Work's, space them a tiny bit, and slam it.


-D*star

1 comment:

Bushwacker said...

Though the red car didn't turn out as what you wanted it to be...I do agree with you that you were able to manage to make it decent.


Fender Flares | Bestops | Auto Parts and Updates